Beautiful Bhajan by SurDas.. sung by Jagjit Singh ji
sabse ūńcī prema sagāī
duryodhana ko mevā tyāgo
sāga vidura ghara pāī
jūṭhe phala sabarī ke khāye
bahu vidhi prema lagāī
prema ke bas nṛpa sevā kīnhī
āp bane hari nāī
rājasuya yajña yudhiṣṭhira kīno
tāmai jūṭha uṭhāī
prema ke basa arjuna ratha hāńkhyo
bhūla gaye ṭhakurāī
aisi prīti baḍhī vṛndāvana
gopina nāca nacāī
sūra krūra is lāyaka nāhī
kaha lag karau baḍāī
Refrain: Of all forms of worship of the Lord, love is the best.
1) Lord Krsna renounced the delicacies that Duryodhana offered, and ate vegetables at Vidura’s house.
2) As Lord Ramacandra, He ate fruits which were already filled with love from Sabari.
3) Love is indeed the best way to serve and please the Lord.
4) In Maharaja Yuddhistira’s Rajasuya Yajna sacrifice, Lord Krsna served the brahmanas and picked up their eating utensils.
5) Out of pure love for Arjuna, He took the position of being his charioteer, and He forgot that He was the Lord.
6) Such love did Lord Krsna portray in Vrndavana when He danced with the gopis in the rasa lila.
7) Sura Dasa asks, “In what way could I worship the merciful and magnanimous Lord?”